Alfa Laval Emmie is a mobile hydraulic oil cleaning system for use on ships. It removes 100% of the free water and 99% of the 2-5 μm particles from oil – increasing service life and system reliability.
Maximum effectiveness, minimum effort
- Meets hydraulic oil cleaning requirements in accordance with ISO Cleanliness Code 4406:1999 13/11/8
- No alterations to marine hydraulic machinery required
- Can be arranged as a purifier or a clarifier
- Throughput capacity of 80-120 l/h
How it works
Emmie consists of a stainless-steel trolley and a centrifugal separator with two bowl sets – one for purification and one for clarification. All elements are built on the unit so it's easy to move from tank to tank.
The purifier mode is ideal for applications where oil is heavily contaminated with water because it removes water continuously.
Centrifugal force separates solids from the oil and feeds them outwards for easy removal. Water continuously discharges from the bottom of the bowl. If oil only has traces of water, clarifier mode blocks the water outlet. You can switch between modes in minutes.
Ideal for all marine hydraulic systems
- Bow, stern and azimuth thrusters
- CP propellers
- Deck cranes
- Hoistable decks
- Hatch covers
- Steering gear
- Hydraulic lifts
- Deep well pumping systems for product and chemical tankers
- Stern tube lube oil
- Steam turbine lube oil
- Thermal oil