The Alfa Laval Beer Cooler is a pre-assembled beer cooler system for cooling green beer during transfer from fermentation to storage. The Beer Cooler can also be used for chilling final beer before filtration or transfer to stabilization tanks.
The Beer Cooler ensures reliable cooling and chilling
- A compact and sanitary beer cooler system keeps footprint to a minimum
- Thanks to plate heat exchanger with easy-service Clip-On gaskets, the Beer Cooler is quick and easy to maintain
- A sanitary flow switch stops the cooling process immediately if the beer flow stops to prevent freezing and prolong uptime
- The beer cooler system comes pre-assembled on a skid and is factory tested before delivery
- Designed for CIP and sterilization for easy and seamless operation and reduced downtime
How it works
The green beer or final beer is cooled in counter-current by a circulating coolant. An internal coolant recirculation pump is included in the beer cooler system, when required by the application. This will secure the smallest possible temperature difference between coolant and beer at all times.
Any stoppage in the beer flow is detected by a sanitary flow switch, and the cooling is stopped immediately.
The Beer Cooler is supplied with a PID controller and relay panel to control the cooling operation. As the Beer Cooler can be supplied with a PLC. Relevant process data displayed includes beer temperature and beer flow (when a flow transmitter has been included in the scope of supply)
The Beer Cooler comes with a range of optional equipment
- Integrated beer booster pump
- Beer flow control using a frequency converter on beer booster pump
- Remote I/O panel
- Temperature indicator
- Pressure indicator
You can read more about the efficiency, practicality and technical details of our Beer Cooler by downloading the brochure.
You might also be interested in ...
The best equipment for the best beer
Share your passion for craft brewing