Tank top plate system
Approximately 1 out of every 6th beer produced worldwide has been processed in a tank equipped with one of Alfa Laval’s specially designed brewery tank top plate assemblies. A top plate assembly is a machined solid-stainless-steel plate outfitted with practically all the necessary tank safety equipment for mounting on the top of a pressurized beer tank.
Cost-effective centralised placing of the tank top plate assembly, designed to fit your needs
- Better tank insulation at lower costs
- Easy and straightforward installation at low costs
- Simple and safe operation
- Easy access and low maintenance
- Cleaning-In-Place of all parts
Decades of experience from designing and installing customized or pre-engineered systems have given us unique insight into the needs of different breweries and how to best meet them. Therefore, our compact top plate design, together with the use of dead weight valves, secure operational reliability at a competitive price. The flexible solution allows possibility to combine with rotary mixers and agitators.
The equipment on the top plate assembly provides the following functions:
- Compensation with gas for the change in liquid volume during filling and emptying (allowing the change in liquid volume by gas filling or escape)
- Control of the tank top pressure
- Protection against uncontrolled overpressure or vacuum
- Cleaning of the tank and associated equipment
How it works
Delivering quality on time every time
This video illustrates how Alfa Laval designs and produces its high-quality Tank Top Plates. Alfa Laval SCANDI BREW Tank Top Systems are used in breweries to protect fermentation and storage tanks against vacuum or overfilling.
Let us help
Services to extend your equipment performance
We support you with all types of services and training required for high performance and maximal ROI throughout the lifespan of your investment. With Alfa Laval as your service partner, you ensure reliable uptime and high efficiency while keeping total cost of ownership to a minimum.