Alfa Laval Pharma-line is a high-quality tubular heat exchanger for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. The leak-proof design and smooth surface finishes help protect against contamination and is ideal for the strictest hygienic conditions in applications such as Water-for-Injection (WFI), heating and cooling Purified Water (PW) and product heating/cooling. The shell and tube heat exchanger can be mounted on the floor, wall or ceiling and is compliant with USP and cGMP requirements.
Superior materials and hygienic design, embodying decades of experience in pharma
- Double-tube sheet(DTS) avoids risk of cross-contamination
- Very low risk for cracks and thermal fatigue as U-shaped tubes accommodate thermal expansion
- Fully drainable heat exchanger, no dead areas and seamless, smooth crevice-free design with max 0,5µm surface roughness
- Fully customizable owing to smart flexible design of feet and mounting options
- Small footprint - U-tubes decrease the length of our hygienic heat exchanger by half
How it works
You might also be interested in...
A compact tube-in-tube heat exchanger module developed for point of use cooling in pharmaceutical water systems. Alfa Laval Pharma-X is designed to remain sanitized even when not in use (standby mode).
Tank cleaning equipment
Using the right tank cleaning device can significantly reduce downtime, while using fewer resources such as water, cleaning agents and energy. Our devices are also designed to increase plant safety by eliminating confined space entry for manual tank cleaning.
Compabloc Free Flow
A compact condenser with very high heat transfer efficiency specifically designed for the pharmaceutical industry and the high hygienic requirements of modern API production. Learn more on this page.
Alfa Laval's hygienic equipment product catalogue "Close at hand" includes product leaflets, performance curves, links to animations, brochures and price lists for ordering purposes.
Download the product models in Neutral or Native CAD file formats. It is also possible to download 3D PDF files.
To keep you updated on important sustainability issues and opportunities in your industry and processes.