Fish protein concentrate processing
Fish and shellfish are an ideal source of hydrolysed flavour protein. Such proteins are increasingly in demand in the food industry as ingredients that can replace meat and water, and on account of their fat-binding properties.
An Alfa Laval continuous protein recovery system enables you to
- add significant value to “leftovers” and material previously considered waste
- move your company into new, highvalue product segments within the food industry
- provide in-demand ingredients that play key roles in the quality of other food products
- use less energy and water in processing operations, thus cutting back on operating costs
- reduce the impact that your operations have on the environment
Extracting valuable proteins from the fish using enzyme-based hydrolyzation processes results in digested proteins with a wide range of uses in functional foods and as concentrates, fonds and soup extracts.
This type of manufacturing process involves a delicate balance between the quality of the raw material inputs, the enzyme-based hydrolyzation and the Alfa Laval equipment essential for effective clarification, separation and concentration.
We are uniquely well-placed to make this happen, paving the way to new market opportunities from high-value proteins extracted from fish.