2021-11-01 Product news
Beer Concentration with RevosTM – The Future of Beer Production and Distribution | A webinar
Alfa Laval has recently acquired the innovative American company, Sandymount Technologies, which has developed the unique Revos system for the concentration of beer and other beverages. The system uses a high-pressure, low-temperature reverse-osmosis process to remove water from the beer while retaining the alcohol, aromas and flavours. The concentrate is then later reconstituted, either in bulk packaging facilities, where it is bottled, canned or kegged, or at a venue such as a bar, where it is served using a unique Draft Dispense system, also developed by Sandymount. The system can be used both to concentrate standard beer and other beverages, and to remove alcohol and water to produce non-alcoholic beer concentrates, with a clean ethanol-water by product, which can be used as a base for hard seltzer and other beverages. The technology therefore allows the user to adopt a concentrate-based supply chain that reduces packaging and shipping costs, and improves convenience for its customers, while simplifying delivery logistics and reducing the environmental impact of the beverage distribution system.
September 23 2021
In this free webinar you will learn about:
- How the Revos system produces high-quality beer concentrate with full retention of the product flavours and quality
- How Revos-NA can remove water and ethanol to produce non-alcoholic beer concentrate, with a clean water-ethanol byproduct
- How the Sandymount Draft system allows carefully controlled reconstitution of beer concentrates at the point of service
- How the reconstituted beer concentrate gives excellent flavour match to the original beer, both in blind-taste panel-testing and after ageing and forced-ageing tests
About the speaker(s):
Ronan McGovern is the former CEO of Sandymount Technologies and now Business Developer at Alfa Laval. Ronan has a BE in Mechanical engineering from University College Dublin and a Masters and PhD from MIT.
John Ioannou has been a part of the Sandymount Technologies team since 2017, now continuing his work with Revos concentration system at Alfa Laval as Revos Process Manager. John also leads the development of the Revos draft dispense. John has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Drexel University.
Who will benefit from this webinar:
- Breweries interested in beer concentration
- Breweries interested in the production and concentration of low-alcohol or non-alcoholic beer (LAB/NAB)
- Producers of hard seltzer and other clear malt-based beverages
- Retail packaging facilities for beer and beverages
You may also be interested in: